With the upcoming fall season just weeks away, many people now fear their energy bill costs. We all know that rising electric costs occur during the winter when we need heat to keep us warm. The costs can really shock a household that lives on a budget. However, spending a small fortune to heat the home is not required. The following tips offer help keeping electric bill costs down.
· Schedule an Electrical Inspection Once Per Year: An electrical inspection keeps your family and home safe, but it does so much more. With an inspection, homeowners learn if their fixtures are outdated, in need of repair, etc. which cuts costs of energy usage each month.
· Update Your Light Bulbs: Still using incandescent light bulbs? You do not get the best type of lighting possible but that is only one disadvantage that you should consider. Furthermore, you also use more electricity than necessary. Switch to LED light bulbs instead.
· Weatherization: Call the local electric company to schedule weatherization service which includes weatherstripping doors and windows.
· Upgrade the Thermostat: is there a programmable thermostat in use at your home? If not, call an electrician warren to learn why this is one upgrade you will appreciate in many ways.
· Maintain Heating System: A faulty heating system is a common cause of energy bill increase. Schedule a fall tune-up and ensure the unit is ready to keep your family warm this season.
Saving money on costs of your electric bill during the fall and winter season is much easier with the above tips in mind. These ideas are only some of the many ways to cut costs and keep more money in your pocket without sacrificing warmth and comfort when it’s cool outside.